Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spreadsheet for USP <905> Content Uniformity Calculation

At first glance, the acceptance criteria for the content uniformity calculation in USP chapter <905> seem somewhat daunting. These criteria are different from the old criteria which were based on performing a simple arithmetic mean and standard deviation calculation. Once one examines how the criteria are determined, it actually makes sense. If the mean deviates more than 1.5% from the target label claim of the product, this is seen as a significant change and the criteria for the permitted deviation of the individual units (using the standard deviation) become tighter. Ten (10) units are still analyzed in the initial testing and used for comparison with acceptance criteria. If outside of the acceptance criteria, an additional 20 units are tested and the calculations repeated.

I have gone through these calculations and acceptance criteria and created an spreadsheet for the general case. A view of this spreadsheet is shown below. If you email me, I will gladly sent this to you in Excel format. If you have online access to the USP-NF, sign on at
hhttp://www.uspnf.com/ and go to general chapter <905> Uniformity of Dosage Units. There is a good article in Pharm Tech on the probability of passing CU. http://pharmtech.findpharma.com/pharmtech/data/articlestandard//pharmtech/382004/122726/article.pdf
The equations are also included for plugging into Excel. I've done the work for you.






































http://www.linkedin.com/in/maschreiber
maschreib@att.net

24 comments:

  1. Please note that the USP also has a spreadsheet for CU calculations. However, it is necessary to perform some preliminary calculations beforehand that are all taken into account with my spreadsheet.
    See: http://www.usp.org/USPNF/compToolsStatement.html

    Mark Schreiber, Ph.D.
    markschreiber01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mark,
    Please could you kindly send the spreadsheets to my email address
    arsil.hadjar@ottopharm.com or
    arsil.hadjar@gmail.com
    Many thanks and best regards
    Arsil Hadjar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mark,
    Please could you kindly send the spreadsheets to my email address

    marvinseis@hotmail.com

    Many thanks and best regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. kindly send me the spreadsheets to my email address
    dilawarbakht18@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please could you kindly send the spreadsheets to my email address
    mannkush1509@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. I would like to implement this spread sheet in my Pharma company. Would you kindly send me the spreadsheets to my email address: (aan1985du@gmail.com) or abdullah@genvio.com.bd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks very much for this info. I just found this blog and this will be useful to me. I will be visiting this blog now on. Please kindly send the excel sheet to me on this email; chimeeobi1@yahoo.com.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much for this info. I just found this blog and this will be useful to me. I will be visiting this blog now on. Please kindly send the excel sheet to me on this email; chimeeobi1@yahoo.com. OR conukwuli@emzorpharma.com
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sir,
    Thanks very much for this info. I just found this blog and this will be useful to me. Have you Spreadsheet of "Uniformity of Dosage Unit (WV)" and contentuniformity (CU)?. Please kindly send the excel sheet of both to me on this emai: asabur-pd@beaconpharma.com.bd

    Regards
    Asabur Rahman

    ReplyDelete
  11. please send me the spreadsheet for calculation of acceptance value for content uniformity to the email: dklsagar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mark, thanks for information. Please send me the spreadsheet for calculation for Blend uniformity (N=30) and content uniformity (N=30) as per USP requirement to the email: jithendra.malreddy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. please send me the spreadsheet for calculation of acceptance value for content uniformity to the email

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mark, could you please send me the excel spreadsheet for calculation of acceptance value for content uniformity to the email - bshailesh1986@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. plz email me the CU Spreadsheet to sikandarmkb@gmail.com.

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Mark
    has your spread sheet in to account all the preliminary conditions for case 1 and case 2?
    is updated to last usp 905 limits?, im working myself with some spreadsheet for pass not pass under USP chapter 905 criteria and im curious on how you did it, especially how you made it so clean and simple, if you could send me the file by email, id be very gratefull to you, my email is guillecoa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would uou please send me the spread sheet for calculations of content uniformity?
    adel.zakarya@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please send me the spreadsheet for acceptance value for content uniformity
    calculation to the email

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please send me the spreadsheet for calculations at amy.parker02@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please send me the spreadsheet for acceptance value for content uniformity calculation. Thank you.
    jmcmanus@qualgen.us

    ReplyDelete
  21. Would you please send a copy of this spreadsheet to vfavon@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mark, It would be much appreciated if you sent me a copy of the spreadsheet at rylandbates@galbraith.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Please send me the excel sheet for content uniformity
    Ahmed.sami.afifi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete